How To Tell If Mushrooms are safe to eat?

How To Tell If Mushrooms are Safe to Eat?


This is a quick guide to edible mushrooms. Cut the mushrooms in half and see if they are white inside. If they are dark or yellow they're probably poisonous. But always consult a guide. You can buy a guide below:

Paperback:
http://amzn.to/20Pz0BP
Kindle: 9.99
http://amzn.to/20Pz3O1
 edible mushrooms guide




I bought this book on a whim to add to my collection as the price was right and the reviews were few. Glad I did...

I am an Eastern North American Picker and the book covers many species across the Northern Hemisphere. Some of the species covered are European only, though only a couple.

Mushrooms Covered: 40 Edibles (Boletus, Chanterelles, toothy mushrooms, corals, milkys, a few gilled etc) and 9 Poisonous, including the typical troublemakers (Destroying, Deathcap, Deadly Gallerina). The focus is on safe picking so it is somewhat limited.

The mushroom titles are from a European Viewpoint as the author is Swedish, so I had to read a bit on each to get the North American common names. Many I recognized from the pictures anyway and often enough the names are the same.

The best part of this guide is the Illustrations. They are absolutely beautiful and of professional quality. Each specimen has a full page illustration, and a series of specimen growth stages for identification as a good guide should. I consider this book to be a great addition to my collection for pictorial comparison alone. I am still learning my Boletes and this book will be helpful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chef's Choice Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener 436-3 instructions manual

Natural Remedies For Acne Treatment