Testing a Turtle Wax Headlight Restoration Kit on a Lexus ES350 Xenon Headlight






Okay...this product works, but with a "workaround." In my opinion, a normal human does not have sufficient "elbow grease" to use this product and get the desired results using the included pads for scrubbing/polishing your headlights. The headlights on my car were severely cloudy and I tried using this product as directed--scrubbing and buffing by hand. Forget that! After almost two hours, I had very little to show for my work. Yes, I could see some minor improvement, but I didn't have the time or wherewithal to finish the job as it is described in the instructions.

So...here's the trick. Get yourself a foam polishing cone, and an electric drill and then apply the product! Using the compounds provided in the Turtle Wax kit, my headlights were literally "like new" in about 15 - 20 minutes of powered polishing. I couldn't believe it.

As a side note, no matter how careful you are, you'll splatter some of the compound onto the hood of your car if you don't tape on some butcher's paper or newspaper in advance. If the polishing compound gets on your car's paint and dries, it is VERY hard to get off. So, wipe your car down when using this technique or get some newspaper and painter's tape and more thoroughly cover the hood of your vehicle.

Popular posts from this blog

Chef's Choice Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener 436-3 instructions manual

Natural Remedies For Acne Treatment